Dig in to Pittsburgh's food and drink updates this week:
🍦 I’ll Have What Barbie’s Having
The new film “Barbie” comes out today, and Pittsburgh is celebrating with all things pretty and pink:
- Sugar Spells Scoops in Sharpsburg has vegan, Barbie-themed ice cream, sundaes, and floats this weekend. Pre-order pints to pick up.
- Shorty’s Tap x Taco is mixing Let’s Go Party, Be like Barbie, and Malibu Dream House cocktails tonight.
- Adda Coffee & Tea is serving the Barbie-heimer, a strawberry, peach, and habanero latte, through Aug. 1 at its Shadyside location.
- Blue Sky Kitchen and Bar in East Liberty is hosting a Deep Dish Drag Brunch: Barbie Edition on July 30 with themed-cocktails, food, and games. Tickets are $10.
🦈 Stay Dry for Shark Week
Head to Open Road, Pittsburgh’s non-alcoholic bottle shop, on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. for a themed pop-up featuring Junk Castle Goods handmade, retro snackable art and Cunning House Coffee Co. cold brew coffee.
Commonplace Coffee’s Survivor Blend benefiting Pittsburgh Action Against Rape. (Francesca Dabecco / City Cast Pittsburgh)
☕ Coffee Beans for a Cause
Pick up Commonplace Coffee’s new Survivor Blend, with proceeds benefiting Pittsburgh Action Against Rape. PAAR was the first victim service agency in Allegheny County and one of the first rape crisis centers in the nation. They celebrated their 50th anniversary last year.
- Psst — Commonplace Coffee and The Speckled Egg are celebrating the grand opening of their new collab space in the South Side Works on July 26 with a “free breakfast and coffee for a year” giveaway.
📣 Victory for Grilled Stickies
Locals were mourning when Eat'n Park announced it was taking Grilled Stickies off of its menu. But now, nostalgic yinzers can rejoice because the gooey, griddled, ice-cream-coated cinnamon bread is back, thanks to a partnership with 5 Generation Bakers, known for Jenny Lee Swirl Bread.